Shkval Overhead Weapon Station
Ukrspecexport - Ukraine
The Shkval overhead weapon station (OWS) consists of 30 mm automatic gun, 7.62 mm machine gun, 30 mm automatic grenade launcher and anti-tank missile system.
The design of the Shkval overhead weapon station enables an easy way to replace the available weapon.
The 30 mm dual-feed automatic gun has 225 rounds of ready-to-fire ammunition.
The 7.62 mm machine gun has 2500 rounds of ammunition.
The 30 mm automatic grenade launcher is installed on the turret's left side having 29 rounds of ready-to-fire ammunition, including 87 auxiliary rounds (3x29 rds).
Six 81 mm electrically operated/aerosol grenade launchers are mounted in sets of three on each side of the turret in the forward firing position.
The fire control system equipped with the Tandem-2 sighting system which is integrated with the missile fire control system and SVU-500 weapon stabilizer.
The upgraded OWS equipped with the fire control system on the basis of optical-television multi-channel sighting system with integrated thermal imaging sight and laser rangefinder, as well as guided missile fire control system.
- 30 mm automatic gun: ZTM-1
- anti-tank missile system (ATMS): Konkurs, Fagot or Barrier
- 30 mm automatic grenade launcher: AG-17
- 7.62 mm machine gun: KT-7.62 (PKT)
- 81 mm smoke grenade launcher: 902V
Aiming drives of the OWS:
- Type: electromechanical/manual
- traversing: 360°
- elevation: -6° to +75°
Fire control system consists of:
- weapon stabilizer: SVU-500
- type: electromechanical, bi-plane
- Sighting system: Tandem-2
- type: TV or TV and IR, day and night, with integrated laser rangefinder
- number of control channels: 1
- Auxiliary sight: PZU-7M
- Type: optomechanical
- Weight including ammunition: within 1900 kg