Tor-M2E tracked self-propelled Air Defence Missile System (ADMS)
Rosoboronexport - Russia
Efficient means of hitting airplanes, helicopters, aerodynamic pilotless airborne vehicles, guided missiles and other high-precision weapons flying at middle, low and extremely low altitudes in complicated air and jamming situations.
- Provides circular scanning of air in the assigned sector in elevation, acquisition and identification of air targets, evaluation of air situation, automatic prioritization of firing at the most threatening targets.
- Sends target designations of the selected targets to the guidance radar, performs targets fine search, lock-on and auto-tracking, defines the killing zone entry moment, launches missiles, automatically aims missiles to targets according to radio commands.
- Combat vehicle (CV) 9A331MU can perform search, acquisition and identification of air targets on the move or at halt, transition to targets tracking and missile launching is performed at a short halt.
- Combat vehicle (CV) 9A331MU crew totals 3 persons, including a driver.
Composition combat facilities
- Combat vehicle (CV) 9A331MU
- 9M334 surface-to-air missile module with four surface-to-air guided missile 9M331.
Surface-to-air missile module is a uniform construction consisting of transportation and launching container with surface-to-air guided missiles.
The SAM module is intended for storage, transportation and launching od surface-to-air guided missiles. During operation four, three, two or one missile can be in a module.
Composition technical facilities
- 9T244 transporteur/loader (TL)
- 9T245 transporting vehicle
- 9V887M2U maintenance workstation (battery MV)
- 9V887-1M2U maintenance workstation (regiment MV)
- 9F399-1M2U group SPTA set vehicle
- 9F116 rigging equipment set
- Training simulator for the combat vehicle operators
- MTO-AG3M1 maintenance shop
Additionally together with the system a control facility can be delivered
- 9S737M or 9S737MK mobile unified battery command post (UBCP)
Basic performance characteristics
Minimal horizontal killing range at height (10 m): 1500 m
Minimal horizontal killing range at height (more than 100 m): not more 1000 m
Number of simultaneously processed target by TAR*: 48
Number of simultaneously tracked targets by TAR* with their threat level ranking: 10
Possibility to exchange radar information between two CVs: available
Capacity to protect against modern special self-cover jamming: available
Missile launching: vertical
Anti-aircraft guided missile ammunition in CV: 8 pcs (in 2 modules)
CV deployment time from travelling to combat position: 3 min
CV speed on highway: up to 65 km/h
CV speed on dirt road: up to 30 km/h
Fuel endurance (at two-hour equipment operation by gas-turbine engine): 500 km
CV maximum weight: 37 t
CV crew: 3
*TAR: Target Acquisition Radar
Killing zone of ADMS TOR-M2E CV
Target parameters speed 300 m/s
- in height, m: from 10 to 10000
- in range, m: from 1000 to 12000
- By course parameter, m: up to 8000
Target parameters speed 600 m/s
- in height, m: from 10 to 6000
- in range, m: to 12000
- By course parameter, m: up to 7000
Target parameters speed 420 m/s firing in pursuit
- in range, m: from 1500 to 10000
- By course parameter, m: from 1000 to 8000
HPW with SCS* more than 0.1 sq. m, speed up to 700 m/s
- in height, m: from 50 to 6000
- in range, m: from 1500 to 7000
- By course parameter, m: to 6000
*SCS: Scattering Cross-Section
Asian Defence News