Developed from the successful proven Casspir heritage, the RG Protector has an open architecture offered in several variants based on a 6x6 and 4x4 model.
The development of the RG Protector is based on the successful proven Casspir heritage.
The RG Protector has open architecture and is offered in several variants based on a 6x6 and 4x4 model. The vehicle can accommodate up to 18 people in the 6x6 version. The straight forward utilisation of a total commercial drive train ensures affordability.
- Proven and reliable. The vehicle’s design incorporates the best practices of the battleproven Casspir.
- The monocoque V-shaped hull is fitted to the chassis, contributing to the vehicle’s superior mine/blast protection.
- It’s built on affordable COTS (commercial-off-theshelf) building blocks.
- Easy maintenance and worldwide support from BAE Systems and the chosen COTS partner.
- The rugged and robust design is suitable for Africa’s harsh conditions.
- Larger rear doors ensures easy access and egress.
Length: 7,590 mm
Width: 2,670 mm
Height (hull): 2,955 mm
Ground clearance: 380 mm
Angle of approach: 34°
Angle of departure: 27°
Tare: 12,520 kg
Payload: 1,800 kg
GVM: 14,320 kg
Seating: Driver + 17
Maximum speed: 80 km/h
Turning circle (kerb to kerb): 22 m
Voltage: 24V DC
Alternator: 1 x 110 A
Ballistic protection: Protected crew compartment & part of engine bay
Landmine protection: Protected crew compartment & part of engine bay
Model: YAMZ 236 HE2
Displacement: 11,500 cm3
Maximum power (DIN): 169 kW at 2,100 rpm
Maximum torque (DIN): 883 Nm at 1,200 rpm
Make: Ural YAMC-236U
Type: 5-speed manual
Gear ratios: High: 1.21:1, Low 2.15:1
Type: Power steering with adjustable steering wheel provided with steering lock
Springs: Leaf springs mounting with cushion stops
Shock absorbers: Double acting
Main brake systems: Dual circuit full air over hydraulic brake system
Parking brake: Spring actuation on propeller shaft
Road Wheels and Tyres
Rim type: 514-401
RFI: fitted No
- Night vision
- Digirack radio fitment
- Run flat system
- Rear view and situational awareness cameras